Being a member of the Dean’s Student Leadership Society is the perfect opportunity for leadership, service, fun and friendship. The purpose of this highly selective group of CAS students is to promote pride in a liberal arts education and to assist in strengthening the identity of both the College of Arts and Sciences and the University of South Florida. These students will further develop leadership and communication skills while serving as a link between CAS students, administration and alumni.
This society strives to promote a sense of community among all CAS students through student-led programs, including student organization socials, workshops designed for graduating seniors, and opportunities for all students to interact with the Dean. DSLS members serve as mentors to incoming freshmen and will be involved in Freshman Orientation.
The Dean's Student Leadership Society represents the College of Arts and Sciences at a variety of events, including scholarship banquets, alumni reunions, USF Family Weekend, Freshman Orientation, public lectures and Homecoming. In addition, they serve as hosts when alumni and prospective students visit campus.
The Dean’s Student Leadership Society was established in August 2013 by Dean Eric Eisenberg and Michele Dye, communications and marketing director of the College.
- Network with CAS administration and alumni
- Further develop leadership and communication skills
- Exclusive Leadership Luncheons featuring CAS alumni
- Receive a CAS alumni mentor
- Professional development opportunities
- Attend private events for CAS alumni and donors
- Free USF apparel
- Free food at events
- Membership Requirements
- College of Arts and Sciences major
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA (USF)
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at USF Tampa campus
- Strong record of leadership and service at USF and in the Tampa Bay community
- Attend our meetings every other Tuesday at 5 p.m.
- Attend our Leadership Luncheon twice a semester
- Attend luncheons with Dean Eisenberg and other senior administrators once a semester
- Attend new member induction ceremony (April 17, 7 p.m.)
- Attend our day retreat (April 8, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.)
- Be able to work occasionally at events in the evenings and on the weekends
- Be able to serve for at least two semesters (semester of application does not count)
- Be an active participant in the organization's activities and serve on at least one standing
committee. Members who are not active in the organization will be asked to resign.
- Remain in good standing with the University of South Florida and the College of Arts and