How to Apply
Connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DSLSatUSF.
We strongly encourage you to attend one of our information sessions so that you
can learn more about this organization and the application process. This is a time
for all applicants to ask any questions they have about what it takes to be a DSLS
Spring 2017 Information Sessions: Feb. 8 and Feb. 9 at 5 p.m. (location TBA). Light refreshments will be served.
To apply, you will need to submit your application packet by Monday, Feb. 20 at 4:30 p.m. to CPR 107. Applications are available online or in CPR 107. A recommendation
form must be completed by a CAS or USF professor, teaching assistant or
staff member. Up to three recommendations may be submitted. Recommendation forms
are available online or in CPR 107.
Application Packet Order of Documents
- Your Spring 2017 and estimated Summer class schedule
- 250-word essay: Describe a specific activity or organization in which you were directly
involved as an activist or leader. What challenges did you face, how did you resolve
them, and what did you learn about yourself in the process?
- 50-word statement: Why do you want to be part of the Dean’s Student Leadership Society?
- Recommendation: A recommendation form available online or in CPR 107 must be completed by a CAS or USF professor, teaching assistant or staff member. Up to three recommendations may be included. The completed form must be in a signed, sealed envelope. The sealed form can be returned to CPR 107 (attn: Michele Dye) or the sealed envelope can be included in your application packet.
- Peer recommendation: A letter of support from a peer who can attest to your leadership abilities and give specific examples. The letter must be in a signed, sealed envelope. The sealed letter can be returned to CPR 107 (attn: Michele Dye) or the sealed envelope can be included in your application packet.
Place all required documents in a manila envelope. The documents must be in
the order as specified above. Please write your name legibly on the envelope.
Applications Available: Friday, Jan. 27, 2017
Optional Information Sessions: Wednesday, Feb. 8 and Thursday, Feb. 9 at 5 p.m. in location TBA.
Applications Due: Monday, Feb. 20 at 4:30 p.m. to CPR 107.
Round 1 (Group Interview): Friday, Feb. 24 at 2 p.m.
Round 2 (Individual Interview): Feb. 28 - March 7
Round 3 (Finalists Interview with the Dean): Friday, March 31 at 10 a.m.
New Member Notification: Monday, April 3
Induction Ceremony: Friday, April 7 at 7 p.m.
Retreat: Saturday, April 8 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.