Welcome to The Division of Health Professions Advising!
The USF Division of Health Professions Advising (HPA) is eager to help students:
- Learn about the different health professions including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant, veterinary medicine, optometry, podiatry, occupational therapy, chiropractic, naturopathic medicine, audiology/speech language pathology, anesthesiologist assistant, and athletic training. Students interested in nursing should contact the USF School of Nursing.
- Understand the comprehensive requirements of a competitive application (i.e. more than simply meeting prerequisites) and navigate the application process.
- Prepare academically and non-academically to become a competitive applicant.
- Decide the best time to apply to a particular program, based on individual factors.
- Improve their medical school or other health profession program application- including personal statement and application review.
Meet your USF Health Professions Advisors!
There are 2 Health Professions Advisors at USF to aide students from all
majors in course selection, career advisement, pre-health requirements and
recommendations and more: Dr. Melvin James and Mr. Anthony Iannelli. The
advisors are located on the 2nd
floor of the USF Library in LIB 231. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and learn about how you can meet with us
Other Pre-Health Advisors at USF
Health Professions Certified Advisors
In addition to Dr. James, and Mr. Iannelli select academic advisors are officially recognized by the Division of Health Professions Advisors as Health Professions Certified and can provide pre-health advisement to students in their major. These advisors are:
- Mary Cuthbertson- Biology Majors
- Lauren Keroack- Psychology Majors
- Renea Forde- First Year Students
Students wishing to make a health professions advising appointment with one of these advisors can do so here.
Honors College Pre-Health Advisors
Within the Honors College the following academic advisors see pre-health students: Mr. Reginald Lucien, Mr. Arnaldo Mejias, Mr. Carter Harbert, and Ms. Alicia Jones. Information regarding the Honors College advisors can be found on their website.
USF Health Office of Preadmissions & Outreach
USF Health has advising opportunities for students who have questions specifically about the health programs available at USF Health including: the Morsani College of Medicine (including the Physician Assistant Program), the College of Pharmacy, the School of Physical Therapy, and the College of Public Health. For students with questions specifically regarding these programs, appointments are available in the eScheduler by selecting "Preadmissions" from the Area section. Questions for Preadmissions Coordinators can be directed to email@example.com.