Welcome to The Division of Health Professions Advising!
We are here to help students accomplish the following:
- Learn about the various Health Professions in order to decide on which field is best for the student (To learn which programs we advise for, please click HERE)
- Prepare academically and non-academically to become a competitive applicant
- Gain an understanding of the comprehensive requirements needed to build a competitive application and navigate the application process as a whole
- Decide the best time to apply to a particular program, based on an individualized plan
- Create the most competitive application for the program of their choice, including development of a strong Personal Statement
Learn how you can meet with a Health Professions Advisor HERE.
Meet your USF Health Professions Advisors!
The Division of Health Professions Advising Office
The Main Health Professions Office has 2 full-time advisors to aide students in all majors with course selection, career advisement, pre-health requirements, recommendations and more: Dr. Melvin James and Mr. Anthony Iannelli.
They are located on the 2nd floor of the USF Library in LIB 231.
Health Professions Certified Advisors
After attending a Group Advising session, students in select majors have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with the Health Professions Certified Advisor in their major area.
- Mary Cuthbertson- Biology Majors
- Lauren Keroack- Psychology Majors
- Renea Forde- First Year Students
Honors College Pre-Health Advisors
Within the Honors College there are three academic advisors that help pre-health students within their college. If you are an Honors Student, you will be able to also meet with one of the Pre-Health Honors Advisors.
- Mr. Reginald Lucien
- Mr. Arnaldo Mejias
- Mr. Carter Harbert
USF Health Office of Preadmissions & Outreach
USF Health has advising opportunities for students who have questions specifically about the health programs available at USF Health including: the Morsani College of Medicine (including the Physician Assistant Program), the College of Pharmacy, the School of Physical Therapy, and the College of Public Health.
For students with questions specifically regarding these programs, appointments are available through the eScheduler by selecting "Preadmissions" from the Area section. Questions for Preadmissions Coordinators can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.