Ping Wang's research about the effects of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill on Gulf Coast beaches was featured in National Geographic (Photo by Chris Combs/National Georgraphic).
Registration now open for Summer Grant Writing Workshops [05.23.2013]
The 2013 USF Summer Grant Writing Workshops has been re-designed and enhanced to deliver grant writing workshops, each offered in a two-day format and is focused on the funding opportunity. These workshops target specific grant opportunities that are prestigious, raise the profile of the university, and speak specifically to the faculty strengths at the University of South Florida.
USF researchers publish findings in Biology Letters [04.15.2013]
Andrea Liebl and Lynn (Marty) Martin’s research was published in the journal Biology Letters. In the newly released paper, the authors measured hippocampal mRNA expression of glucocorticoid receptors in eight house sparrow (Passer domesticus) populations varying in age.
USF authors publish research in Oxford Journals [04.15.2013]
Mariano Alvarez, Christy Foust, Holly Kilvitis, Andrea Liebl, Lynn (Marty) Martin, Christina Richards and Marta Robertson recently had their research published in the journal of Integrative and Comparative Biology.
USF research at closed school praised [02.01.2013]
U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson is supporting the work of University of South Florida researchers to locate and identify gravesites at a closed reform school in Florida’s Panhandle. On Friday, Nelson was briefed on the project by Erin Kimmerle, a forensic anthropologist at USF and one of the lead researchers on the project examining burial sites at the former Dozier School for Boys in Marianna, Fla. Nelson had asked Gov. Rick Scott to grant the researchers’ request to remain on the state-owned land until their work is concluded.
USF professor making strides in cancer research [12.18.2012]
At the University of South Florida, one of the top research universities in the country, important work is being done on mutations in the BLM gene, which lead to a disorder called Bloom Syndrome.
Research and Scholarship News Archives
DESIGN PATENTS: BILLION DOLLAR DESIGN
Tuesday, March 26th at 2:00 PM
College of Education Building
Second Floor, Room 214
Research Administration Education – Features:
TRAIN workshop schedule
Certification in Research Administration
New Rules for PHS/NIH-funded Investigators Regarding Financial Conflict of Interest - FCOI – Informational Sessions Flyer
- August 28, 7:00AM - 7:45AM, College of Medicine, MDC1004
- September 6, 12:00PM - 12:45PM, College of Medicine, MDC1004
- September 18, 2012, 5:00PM- 5:45PM, College of Medicine, MDC1004
4-hour Instructor-led Workshop on the Responsible Conduct of Research (GMCRCR)
- September 13, 1:00 – 5:00, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- October 23, 1:00 – 5:00, South Tampa Center, USF Health
2-hour Instructor-led Workshop on the Responsible Conduct of Research (GMCRCW)
- October 15, 10:00 – 12:00, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
eIRB Comprehensive Workshop (GMCEI) - Comprehensive Workshop Flyer
- September 7, 3:00 - 4:30, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- September 19, 9:00 - 10:30, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- October 4, 10:00 - 11:30, DRIC, UTA 155, Conference Room, USF Research Park
- October 19, 3:00 - 4:30, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- November 2, 1:00 - 2:30, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- November 28, 9:00 - 10:30, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
- December 4, 9:00 - 10:30, DRIC, UTA 155, Conference Room, USF Research Park
- December 17, 10:30 - 12:00, OR&I, UTA 175, Multi-Purpose Room, USF Research Park
Please visit the TRAIN® Schedule for the latest information.