The Research Administration Improvement Network, better known as TRAIN, is sponsored by the USF Office of Research and Innovation and the Office of the Provost. The primary focus of TRAIN will be to build the research support infrastructure by enhancing the professional competencies of those who contribute to the research enterprise, implementing training and education, improving business processes and reporting, and enhancing communication within the research community.
TRAIN Workshops for department research administrators
TRAIN coordinates workshops for department research administrators (DRA). You may be a DRA if:
- You assist faculty with PERT
- You search for funding opportunities by request for faculty in your department
- You charge to grants (purchase orders, equipment, supplies)
- You process grants forms (Internal Forms, GBRs, underwrites)
- You process travel forms that are charged to grants
- You process salaries that are charged to grants
- You help faculty set up awards, sub awards and/or contracts.
TRAIN Faculty One-Stop