College of Arts and Sciences, USF USF Home College of Arts & Sciences OASIS myUSF USF A-Z Index CAS Search

Request to Change/Declare a College of Arts & Sciences Major

Please Read All of the Following Carefully.
Students are expected to graduate within the minimum number of semesters appropriate to their academic work completed at the time of admission in accordance with the USF Degree Progression and Completion Deadlines policy and Florida’s Excess Hours Surcharge Policy. 

After reviewing the list of major options, make a decision that aligns with the Degree Progression and Completion Deadlines and Excess Hours Surcharge Policy and submit a request to declare/change your CAS major. After your submission, an evaluation of your academic record will be reviewed and compaired to guidelines. You may receive a referral to see an Academic Advisor to discuss your Declaration/Change of major request before it can be processed.

Remember, your request might not be permitted if it does not fall within the criteria of the Degree Progression and Completion Deadlines Policy. Click here to request your Declaration/Change of major online.

MJ Holds
If you have an MJ hold once your declaration of major is processed in CAS, the hold will be removed from your OASIS account. The processing time will depend on the evaluation of your academic record.

Pre Medical Science (PMS)
At USF, the Pre-Health Professions or PMS declaration option is NOT a major. Although PMS is not a major, you are able to declare and remain a PMS student (without having to officially declare a major) until you have earned 36 credit hours. Declaring PMS will allow you the opportunity to meet with a Health Professions advisor and discuss possible major options before officially declaring and pursuing a specific major. If you have more than 36 overall credit hours you may not select PMS as your first choice, you must select a major. Regardless of official major, students can still indicate an interest in pre-health- in addition to officially declaring your major- by filling out their information here: Pre-Health Declaration

Campus Declaration
If you are interested in changing your campus (Tampa, Sarasota-Manatee, St. Pete) please visit the Registrar’s Office Campus Declaration Form If you are interested in coming to Tampa but your present program is not offered on our campus please contact a CAS Academic Advisor to help complete this change.