These forms are specifically for College of Arts and Sciences students. If you have any questions on completing or submitting any of these forms, please
contact (813) 974-6957.
Declaration of Major Process
- Declaration/Change of Major
This process is available online. With this form you can declare your CAS major, change to a different CAS major,
or add a second CAS major.
- Declaration of Major and Other Important info for Former Student Returning
When you return to USF, you will not be required to attend orientation. However, you are responsible for learning any new USF Policy and Procedures which may have been added or changed since you last attended. Be sure to read over the information on this link carefully before officially declaring your major.
Majoring Between Two Colleges
If you are interested in double majoring
between two Colleges (i.e. Chemical Engineering & Mathematic or Accounting &
Public Relations, and/or, etc.) Please complete the CAS online major declaration form indicating your desired major combination. Make sure to take the appropriate action to declare a double major in the other college. Please note The College of Arts and Sciences only declares and changes majors with in our college.
- Leaving or
Dropping Your CAS Major
If you are interested in changing your major to another College (i.e. The Arts, Business, Behavioral & Community Sciences, Education, Engineering, Nursing, or Public Health) there is no need to notify CAS.
- Overload Request
Students are allowed to take a maximum number of 18 credit hours per semester
in the fall and spring and 14 credit hours in the summer. If you wish to go over
that amount of credit hours, you will need to complete this online form.
- Time Conflict
Sometimes courses may have times that overlap and OASIS will not let you register for them. Only in rare circumstances will USF permit students to register for courses that are scheduled to meet at the same time or overlapping times. Examples can include:
- 2 courses required for graduation, last semester for student, and one starts at the same time as the other one ends
- 1 course has a required common exam time which students only need to attend 4 or less times throughout the semester
To request a time conflict exception, you will need to complete the above online form. Time Conflict forms cannot be submitted prior to registration or after registration is over.
Time Conflict requests must be processed through the college with professor approval. Response time to your request will vary based on availability of faculty member. If you have not received a response in 1 week (5 business days), then it is recommended that you follow up with the faculty members for their feedback.
- Transient Form (thru FLVC.org)
USF Students who take courses at another accredited institution
of higher learning are considered "Transient" students. To receive approval and confirmation of how those courses will transfer back to USF, you will need to complete the online FACTS.org Transient form. USF students are expected to complete their coursework at USF. Students who wish to request to take courses at another institution must submit the online Transient form prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students should use the comment section of the online form to explain the purpose of taking coursework at another institution. To be eligible for approval, the courses you are requesting to take at another institution must meet the following criteria:
- Course(s) must be necessary for graduation in current declared major. This can include courses which are prerequisite courses necessary to take other major required courses. -and-
- Either: (a) Course(s) are not available at USF and are academically necessary to be taken this semester. This can include courses not offered at USF this semester, courses which are full at USF this semester, or courses which overlap with another required course. -or-(b) Student has an uncontrollable, necessary, and documnetable reason which prevents the student from being available to take courses at USF.
Verification Letter Request Form
This is to request an official letter
stating that you have completed or are about to complete all requirements for graduation.
You may mail/hand-deliver this form to BEH 201 or fax it to (813) 974-4075. This
is ONLY for undergraduate students. If you are a graduate student, please contact
your department for a letter.
- S/U Contract
If you wish to take a course in exchange for an "S" (Satisfactory) or "U" (Unsatisfactory) grade. It is considered an agreement between you and the professor and does not need to be submitted to any university office. Simply have the professor sign and make a copy for each other. "S/U" grading does not affect your GPA at all, however understand that an S/U grade will not satisfy the following requirements:
- Gordon Rule
- FKL Requirements
Check with your advisor to find out whether certain classes can be taken "S/U". This form is available in the department offering the course.
- USF's BA Foreign Language Requirement
Student Grievance Procedures
In cases where you and your professor have
some sort of disagreement and you wish to complain, there is a series of steps you
should follow. This form will outline the steps to guide your way.
- Academic Regulations Petitions (ARC) forms for College of Arts and Sciences (CAS) students
All ARC Petitions for CAS students can be turned in to BEH201 or faxed to our front desk at 813-974-4075.
The following forms are available through the Registrar's Office.
- Academic Regulations Petition (ARC)
- ARC Instructors Documentation Form
- ARC Medical Form
- Address Change Form
- Audit Form
- Enrollment Certification Request Form
- Fee Adjustment Form
- Guide For Non-Degree Seeking Students
- Grade Forgiveness Request Form
- Graduation Application
- Late Registration Fee Waiver Form
- Mandatory Immunization And Medical History Form
- Name Change Form
- Non-Degree Seeking Student Application
- Replacement Diploma Request Form
- Request For Reclassification Form
- Schedule of Classes Narrative
- Social Security Number Correction Request Form
- State Employee Tuition Waiver Request Form
- Student Privacy Request Form
- Student Self-Declared Data Form
- Summer Enrollment Requirement Waiver Application
- Transcript Request Form
- Withdrawal Application