Computer codes developed by Chuck Connor and colleagues at the University of South Florida.
All code and related material on this and following webpages is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
Please see our wiki that lists and documents volcanology and geophysics codes that the USF volcano group has developed.
Some tools we have developed in the p5 (processing) language to facilitate learning in geophysics and volcanology.
Volcanology P5 codes
- Energy cone model Illustrates the energy cone model for pyroclastic density currents, using Menan Butte, ID.
- Lava flow model 1 Illustrates how a simple model distributes lava erupting from a vent, one step at a time.
- Lava flow model 2 Illustrates how a simple model distributes lava erupting from a vent; control the effusion rate with a slider.
- Eruption event tree Example of an eruption event tree, created for Lassen volcano (CA).
Potential Fields P5 codes
- Sphere Gravity anomaly due to a buried sphere.
- Subducted slab Gravity anomaly due to subducted ocean crust.
- Magnetic dike Magnetic anomaly due to an inclined igneous dike.
- Magnetic lava Magnetic anomaly due to a buried lava flow.
- Faulted lava Magnetic anomaly due to a faulted lava flow.
- Lava Graben Magnetic anomaly due to a lava flow with graben.
- 2D polygon Gravity anomaly due to a 2D polygon in cross section.
- WWM Earth's magnetic field.